Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!



It's an actual snow day today with school closings and the snow piling up outside. So why am I not outside with my snow camera? Temperatures are above 20 degrees which is much to warm to collect crystal without melting. So I thought I'd take the time to put up a few more pictures from the past few days.










Beautiful symetrical crystals are the exception and not the rule. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. Conditions have to be just right and even then it's a challenge.


People ask if I "photoshop" my pictures. The backgrounds sometimes have scratches in the glass microscope plates and I do remove them with photoshop. Here I have left a scratch in. Otherwise, like all photography, it's all about the lighting. Scroll down to see some examples.







0 comments: